Holistic Massage Treatment, energy healing, organic facials and much more.
Welcome to Holistic Health Care – Laois Holistic Massage Treatment
Working long days, stressed out, under pressure? Why not take some time out for a well deserved treatment with us. We offer a wide range of Holistic Healthcare treatments from various types of Massage treatments, Energy Healing, Organic Facials and Ear Candling in Laois.
Self-Care! Well now…… that’s a word that most of us pay lip service to, including myself, but very few of us actually follow through with it properly. Holistic Healthcare treatments are aimed at treating the body as a whole. For a full list of the health benefits from our treatments please see more here.
Holistic Health Care offers a wide range of treatments which are aimed to improve overall health and well being. We also offer specific treatments where there is an underlying injury or condition. For our facials we use all Organic ingredients . For more info on our treatments please read more here.
Workshops and Events
Reiki Level 1
€50.00 – €225.00
REIKI LEVEL 1 /JUNE SAT 24TH & SUN 25TH / LOCATION; PORTLAOISE HOLISTIC CENTER
Deposit €50 (necessary to secure place)
Full fee €225
Anyone interested in rebalancing themselves, physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually – Reiki healing stays with you permanently leaving you with a healing tool to take care and take charge of your life physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually.
“Reiki” (ray-key) is Japanese for ‘universal life energy, and is also a word used to describe a system of natural healing, This tradition was founded by Mikao Usui in the early 20th century and evolved as a result of his research, experience and dedication.
We live in a world of energy that nourishes and maintains all living things. When this energy flows uninterrupted there is balance and harmony within and around us, and we experience a sense of well being.
Reiki Level 2
€50.00 – €325.00
REIKI LEVEL 2 / TBC/ LOCATION; PORTLAOISE HOLISTIC CENTRE
– Course investment €225 (2 days)
-Refresher option for people’s already qualified in Reiki 2 (cert required) 1 day €100
– Deposit €50 required to secure your place (see T&C of bookings/refunds at holistichealthcare.ie)
In Reiki level 2 you will receive;
– Revision of your level 1 Reiki training to include; self healing positions, chair and plinth position.
– Attunement to 3 symbols; Power, Mental/Emotional and Distant symbols. This attunment deepens your connection to your Reiki practice.
– Group meditations throughout the weekend.
– Reiki level 2 manual
– Certificate upon completion
– Please note that you can join this workshop even if you haven’t taken Reiki level 1 with me BUT I require a valid certificate to show completion of Reiki level 1 prior to commencing the workshop.
– Please bring your own food for both days. or Portlaoise has many dining options.
– Tea/coffee/water included
Need some body work? Holistic Massage Treatment
You’ve come to the right place. And I’m Here to Help!
Holistic Massage Treatment relaxes muscle tissue, which reduces painful contractions and spasms. Holistic Massage Treatment can also reduce nerve compression. Touching the skin or applying pressure relaxes muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
What Is Energy Healing?
Energy therapy is the gentle art of clearing cellular memory through the human energy field promoting health, balance and relaxation. It focuses on removing blocks that accumulate in the body hindering the natural flow of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual energy.
How Does Energy Healing Work?
Energy healing is a holistic practice that activates the body’s subtle energy systems to remove blocks. By breaking through these energetic blocks, the body’s inherent ability to heal itself is stimulated.
What happens in an energy therapy treatment?
You will have a detailed consultation during your initial visit where you can discuss reasons for the treatment and what your expectations may be. The treatment will be conducted fully clothed either lying or sitting whichever is more comfortable for you and will last aproximately 60mins. Most people enter a state of deep relaxation and embrace the sacred space that each treatment provides.
Reported benefits of Healing Touch?
- Stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
- Helps bring about inner peace and harmony. It can be valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth.
- Helps to balance the mind and emotions. Regular treatments may bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which a person is better able to cope with everyday stress.
- Enhance your capability to love, both yourself and others.
- May offer relief during emotional distress and sorrow. It cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and may offer perspective.
- Helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica ~ just to name a few. It may also alleviate symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
- Helps with recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
- May be an effective way to compliment medical treatment of immediate problems, such as physical or mild mental illness
- Improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, energy therapy can not only help treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing.
What Kind Of Massage Do You do?
- Holistic Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Prenatal/Pregnancy massage
- Oncology Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Bamboo Massage
- Dry Cupping Massage
- Fertility Massage
- TMJ Massage
How Does Massage Work?
Massage therapy relaxes muscle tissue, which reduces painful contractions and spasms. Massage can also reduce nerve compression. Touching the skin or applying pressure relaxes muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
What Are The Benefits Of Massage?
- Reducing or eliminating pain.
- Improving joint mobility.
- Improving circulation.
- Improving lymphatic drainage.
- Reducing muscular tension.
- Improve overall wellbeing.
- Can be used as a preventative measure to avoid injuries etc.
What Kind of Conditions Respond Well to Massage?
|Anxiety and depression||Asthma and Emphysema|
|Back, leg, and neck pain||Cancer symptoms (Oncology Massage)|
|Carpal tunnel syndrome (repetitive strain)||Chronic Fatigue syndrome|
|Fractures and edema||Gastrointestinal disorders|
|Headaches||Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and bursitis|
|Insomnia||Kyphosis and Scoliosis|
|Multiple sclerosis||Parkinson’s disease|
|Muscle tension and spasm||Palliative care|
|Post-surgical rehabilitation||Pregnancy and labour support (after first trimester)|
|Sports injuries||Strains and sprains|
|Stress and stress related conditions||Stroke|
What Is Sound Healing?
Sound Therapy is the therapeutic application of sound frequencies to the body and mind of a person with the intention of easing them back into a state of harmony and health. Therapeutic grade Tibetan singing bowls, tuning forks, drums and other instruments are used during a treatment.
How Does Sound Healing Work?
Every organ, every bone, every cell in the body has its own resonant frequency. Together they make up a composite frequency like the instruments of an orchestra. When one organ in the body is out of tune it will affect the whole body. Through the principle of resonance it is possible to use sound to help bring the body back into harmony.
What Are The Benefits Of Sound Healing?
- Higher levels of energy & motivation
- Less headaches
- Relief from chronic tiredness
- Relief from stress, anxiety and depression
- Reduce insomnia
- Less irritation
- Less aches and pains
- Reduce “brain “fog”
- Improvement in attention span
- Reduce blockages and toxins
- Stimulates circulation
- Stimulates endocrine glands and regulates hormonal functioning
- Strengthens immune system
What Are the Benefits of a Neal's Yard Remedy Organic facial?
Our face is the part of our body that tends to be exposed to the largest amount of damage by the elements, such as wind, dust, and UV rays from sun exposure. This means that the skin on your face requires extra TLC to ensure that it stays healthy, strong, and smooth. Organic facials are beneficial for most skin types, but are particularly good for sensitive skin. Natural products lack harsh preservatives and will not irritate or dry out your skin like other products. If you have delicate skin, there is no better way to pamper it than by indulging in a Neal’s Yard Remedy organic facial. Our bodies love organic matter, it knows how to utilize the vitamins and minerals, herbs and oils that nature has to offer without any direction or conditioning. The benefits of organic facials have no bounds. They can:
- Help your skin retain elasticity and moisture
- Unclog pores
- Reduce the appearance and frequency of acne
- Diminish lines that have developed in your skin
- Keep your face looking youthful and smooth
Tell me about Neal's Yard Remedies?
Neal’s Yard Remedies was founded in 1981. They are obsessed with discovering and delivering natural ways to improve health and wellbeing through their outstanding natural and organic skin and body care products.They also believe passionately that the environment is of vital importance, both in its own right and as the source of many of the plants and herbs vital to our wellbeing.That’s why they actively support and promote organic farming and the use of certified organic ingredients in their products. To view any of their products please click into the Neals Yard Consultancy link on the top of the page or contact me for more info.
Will it improve my skin?
Neal’s Yard Remedies use only the best organic material and have a range of products to suit all types of skin so you should expect to see an improvement in the appearance of your skin in a very short time.
What is Ear Candling?
Ear candling, also called ear coning or thermal-auricular therapy, is an alternative therapy claimed to improve general health and well-being by lighting one end of a hollow candle and placing the other end in the ear canal. Ear candles act like a chimney, drawing away the vapour and any impurities from within the ear. This in turn regulates the pressure system within the ear and the head, making the candle treatment suitable for many conditions. The hollow candle is gently placed in the ear and the part furthest from the ear is lit, the burning action of the Hopi ear candle infuses the herbs and essential oils into a vapour, which is drawn into the auditory canal. This performs a massaging function as well as softening and drawing out any impurities.
Will it hurt?
No…..It’s a relaxing treatment, but it is essential that it is carried out by a certified therapist.
What conditions is it usefull for?
- Compacted Ear Wax – series of treatments are recommended to loosen and soften built up ear wax
- Glue Ear
- Tinnitus & Noises/Ringing in the Ears
- Sore Throats
- Hay Fever
- Regulation of Pressure in Ears & Head
- Stimulation of Blood & Energy Flow, Lymphatic System & Metabolic Rate
- Energetic Revitalisation of Hearing Impairment
- Calming and Relaxing in cases of Anxiety and Stress
Get in Touch !
If you would like to make further enquiries about our Holistic Massage Treatment please contact us. You can also find us here